OLE Drag and Drop
DescriptionThere are plenty of reasons for you to want your application to be able to accept drops from other applications. Often you may just want to accept a file or files, but at other times you want to be able to accept other items, and here’s where the fun starts. If you’ve looked into how to do that, you’ll have run into the steep learning curve associated with getting into Microsoft’s COM/OLE system. Well, thankfully, a number of authors have recently tackled that topic, and laid down most of the path for us to follow. To really nail down the concepts, and see how OLE drag-and-drop works, author decided to build a little application that would:
- Demonstrate and clarify:
- how an application prepares to accept OLE drops;
- how to clean up at the end;
- several loose ends left by the references that I consulted.
- Provide Browsing capability:
- the data formats a source app offers to drop;
- the actual data content for each format.
- Status: Fully functional
- Source: FW
- Exe demo: included
- Size: 749 874kB
- Delphi 3