Windows Explorer is a very flexible shell. Many of its dialogs, windows, menus and options can be changed or extended. Windows supports a special COM-based plugin technology known as Shell Extensions to make it possible. There are many built-in Shell Extensions and you can see them almost everywhere:
- All virtual folders such as Printers, Control Panel, Recycle Bin are shell extensions
- File-specific icons, small arrows on link icons, link icons itself are shell extensions too
- Additional context-sensitive menu items are supplied by file-specific shell extension modules
- Tips in the tray icon menu, property sheets and many other items you see every day...
All these wonderful additions are Shell Extensions. With Shell+ you can easy develop your own Shell Extensions. It will make your program more convenient and attractive.
As usual with Delphi it is easy to start - only a few clicks are necessary to generate your own shell extension from scratch. Shell+ takes care of all methods to be implemented so you will never need to code numerous interfaces required by Windows. Write only necessary code, Shell+ will do all other routine jobs.
News from our Sponsors
Complete solution for using Bluetooth, IrDA, WiFi, WiiMote, Kinect and Serial Ports communication in applications
The Wireless Communication Library is the powerful SDK for software developers.
The Library includes a complete components set for develop applications which should use Bluetooth, IrDA, WiFi or Serial Port communication. Also WCL provides easy way to connect to a Wii Remote controller. Since version 6.11 WCL supports Microsoft Kinect game controller.
The Library can be used with Borland Delphi, Borland Developer Studio, Borland CBuilder, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Basic 6. The Wireless Communication Library is 100% compatable with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
SvCom is an integrated package of classes and tools for development of service applications and use of NT Security framework.
Currently SvCom components work under all flavours of Windows.
- Deploy NT Service applications under Windows 9x/ME and NT/ 2000/ XP/ 2003/ 2008/ Windows 7/ Windows 8
- Develop and debug NT services using either Windows 95/98 or NT/ 2000/ XP/ 2003/ 2008/ Windows 7/ Windows 8 - using the same classes and the same function calls (!!!)
- Advanced service debugging (Extremely useful, when you service is not just "Hello, World!")
- Many more features...